Saturday, March 09, 2013

Gift from the Sea



                          


This is what happened one day last summer when I had way too much free time. I emptied my trailer of all its red decor and restyled it. I basically just "shopped" the cottage and dragged out some of my coastal/cottage/nautical things. When you are only decorating 96 square feet it doesn't take too long to change things up! I've had that "She Sells Seashells" doll for at least 10 years. It started out burgundy, but now it's blue. That "Welcome Aboard" life ring came from the guest room.

Someone once said if you have more than three of something it counts as a "collection". I guess you could say I have a collection of nautical books including three from the Bobbsey Twins series, The Outermost House, and Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. Every few years I reread this little gem while sitting in my beach chair with my toes buried in the sand!

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I love anything beachy! I live at the beach and love how you changed out your decor in the camper
    deezie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued. I read every one of them. (In fact I often go back and reread them.) They really do make my day! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write to me.