Friday, March 08, 2013

Stompin' Tom Connors


                                            

This tribute was in our provincial newspaper today. A Canadian folk-legend, fiercely patriotic Stompin' Tom Connors, passed away on Wednesday at the age of 77. He got his nickname because when he sang he stomped his left foot (usually on a piece of plywood). His most well-known hits included "Bud the Spud", "The Hockey Song", and "Sudbury Saturday Night".  I guess you might say he was Canada's Johnny Cash!
Here he is singing my fave, his first hit from 1970, "Bud the Spud".


                                     
 "Bud the Spud" and "The Hockey Song" are available as children's books. Both selections are popular in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued. I read every one of them. (In fact I often go back and reread them.) They really do make my day! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write to me.