Sunday, May 12, 2013

Clams and Antiques

                                           
This is what I love to do on Mother's Day. For the last few years, my husband and I have taken a drive  to Grannie's Restaurant in Lower Five Islands where we have clams and chips for lunch. On the way home we stop in Great Village where I shop for antiques. There are three stores to go through so it takes a little while. My DH sits in the car and reads golf magazines. I have to say he's pretty patient 'cause antiques aren't really his thing :) Today I was so pleased because I found this Skotch Kooler! It's in near perfect condition--Bakelite handle, only one little dent; smells great too! (Sorry for the poor quality of this picture, but it is pouring rain outside so I had to photograph inside.)

I looked up Skotch Koolers on eBay and this one gallon size is selling for at least $40 (plus shipping and handling). I only paid $20 so I think I got a pretty good deal!  Can't you just see this next to my old Pleasure Chest cooler? Oh yes, Betty is gonna be all glamped up for summer #3! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi and Happy Mothers day
    Sounds like you had a great day. Love the Cooler you found. Don't you just love when you come across a great find like that. I went to a Huge outdoor flea market and brought home some treasures also. Have fun with your new cooler
    deezie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deezie,
    Happy belated Mother's Day! So glad that you found some treasures at the outdoor flea market. I've only been to a couple of big ones, mostly in Florida. Along with my cooler, I found a vintage valentine and a small plate with a lobster on it. That's for my little collection of lobster things that I have at the cottage :)
    Enjoy your week,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued. I read every one of them. (In fact I often go back and reread them.) They really do make my day! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write to me.