Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Take Yourself There

Take Yourself There. That's the theme of our new Nova Scotian tourism campaign. According to the press, the tourism industry generates about $1.8 billion annually in Nova Scotia, but economic pressures, rising fuel costs and passport requirements have all contributed to what has been a slow decline in tourism countrywide. The volume of annual visitors to the province has fallen about one per cent a year for the past decade.
To help boost visits to our tiny province I decided to design my own poster using pictures of campsites and a vintage cover from an older camping brochure. Come visit Nova Scotia this summer. Ciad Mille Failte. That's Gaelic for "A hundred thousand welcomes."

2 comments:

  1. Very nice job on your flyer. It is very hard here and not getting any better regardless of what our media says. It has been just a few short years since I was able to travel. Maybe someday I can get up your way, I have wanted to see it for years. My sister went there about 15 years ago and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Dragonfly! Playing around in Pic Collage is lots of fun. I do hope that you get to visit Nova Scotia some day. It's a pretty little province, although our roads could use some TLC.
    Cheers,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued. I read every one of them. (In fact I often go back and reread them.) They really do make my day! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write to me.