Friday, July 19, 2013

Every Cottage Must Have a Fire Pit

That title says it all. I love beach campfires, but for us it's a lot less work to just have a campfire in our backyard. Nothing beats sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallows or making s'mores. For several years we had an old, metal, dryer tub which I thought worked fine. But then new neighbours moved in and they set up their fire pit using a truck rim from an 18 wheeler. Another neighbour said she was going to switch over to this "new" style and she could get us one too. So, here it is! Our new, low profile (all the better for marshmallow roasting) freebie fire pit. (It actually rests on a 24" patio stone but the rim hides it.)


Not pretty, but it works great! However, if I was designing the backyard of my dreams, I would buy one of these.
http://atwistofiron.com/
Handcrafted from old propane tanks right here in beautiful Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. These truly are works of art!

2 comments:

  1. The rim is fun and practical! I bet you could tile the outside with a broken crockery mosaic if you wanted to prettify it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought about tiling it. That would certainly perk it up! Unfortunately, it will have to be relocated when we renovate in a couple of years as it sits in the planned location of our attached garage. Might be living in Betty for a few months that year, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued. I read every one of them. (In fact I often go back and reread them.) They really do make my day! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write to me.