Sunday, September 01, 2013

My Vintage Vacation Treasures

Well, here's my loot from our PEI trip! A salt shaker, a Thermos celebrating Canada's Centennial Year (1967), one cute little Matryoshka doll, PEI camper salt n' peppers, and one vintage table runner. Can you tell what image might be on that runner? Yes, those are antlers. I found this at Time Worn Treasures in Charlottetown. If you like vintage treasures this is a great shop to visit! I made two little deer pillows from that runner. Here's one...

Every time I look at this pillow It reminds me of my dad. He loved to go deer hunting every November.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Beth: great finds...those salt n pepper are so cute!!! The cushions look great!!! xoxo Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue!
    Yes, those S &P shakers look so cute in Betty. Good eye for spying those in that crowded Fisherman's Wharf gift shop, lol.
    Hugs,
    Bethaloo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love junking too! You came back with a good haul! Love those pillows you made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lynne. The Island has some nice shops, although fewer antique shops then years ago. I love to make pillows, so quick and easy to sew. Made another one that week too. I must take a picture of it the next time I'm in my trailer. Going glamping this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued. I read every one of them. (In fact I often go back and reread them.) They really do make my day! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write to me.