Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Old Days, Old Times, Old Friends

Can you believe that it is the beginning of another year? Another year to get it "right"! I cannot believe that it's almost been a year since I started this little blog. My first post was actually on Jan. 28th, 2013. But this morning when I woke to a lovely, sunny (but -22C) day, all I could think about was this little verse (where I substituted "New Year's" for "Christmas").

Never a New Year's morning,
Never the old year ends,
But someone thinks of someone,
Old days, old times, old friends.
                           ~Anonymous 

Happy 2014 to one and all!


2 comments:

  1. It is cold where you live! I'm whining because it is 40 something where Ilive in Oregon, US. I have done my share of walking too. I'm trying for the 10000 steps a day. I did well last year and want to continue this year. I'm excited about all the possibilities for the new year. Congratulations on a year of writing.You've done a good job of writing consistently. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank thank you Lynne for the blogging encouragement :). Sometimes it is hard to think of new topics, and that's when I tend to go missing for a stretch. Keeping active in the winter here is another challenge. Maybe at school I get in 10000 steps because I never stop, ha! Monday's forecasted temp is 8C. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued. I read every one of them. (In fact I often go back and reread them.) They really do make my day! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write to me.